- C-Call on MSFT may be interesting. The company really seems to be making waves in the clous… but I wouldn’t buy it straight… the spike could make for a decent short term c-call play.
– Is there an EU banking ETF? Big weekend for them with the stress test piece coming out.
– Nat Gas prices are going to need a harsh winter to spike BUT with coal plant closures on the horizon, demand could outstrip supply enough to help add to the excitement. Long dated futures also look flat so the plant closure piece is not factored in so much to the long term.
– AT&T dividend could be in a fix because of a tax increase and the fact the company is already paying out close to 90% of FCF. Watch this company’s cash flow. (Reminds me to take another peek at Mattel. That sucker is beaten up!)
– The Primark, cheap fast fashion story is compelling… these ultra-cheap clothiers seem to be getting traction and setting up to be a new rage… they were all over Istanbul when I was just there.
– This free date wave (i.e. paid by the company that wants you to watch their video) is interesting. It makes me wonder if people are avoiding watching our videos who see our marketing on mobile platforms. Should we have TWO links? One for mobile????
– Royal Caribbean is up and Carnival recently agreed to build a cruise ship with the Chinese. Something is happening in the cruise space… there is a supply/demand relationship there because there are only so many ports of call. If chines cruising becomes a big deal… watch out!
— Steel Dynamics and Nucor had strong quarters. US Steel reporting next week. BUT… a driver is what is happening in oil and gas. If that slows as it appears to be doing (Occidental reported a soft quarter) these cos. are likely to turn the other way.